Come Together

by: friar Jaime Zaragoza, OFM Conv.

In North Carolina, I was able to see where people from Mexico migrate to after arriving to the United States.  I was very surprised to hear from the U.S. community how welcoming and accepting they were.  I believe it has a lot to do with Fr. Julio.  Fr. Julio has been the first to say to me that he loves to be a parish priest, he gets to reopen the bridges and fixes them to help the people come together.
What I will take with me is one thing Fr. Julio said, "One must get to know themselves and be comfortable with themselves, and then they can be a good pastor."  I believe this to be true because I was able to spend time with Fr. Julio's parish and experience the joy and vibrancy of two cultures coming together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Chicken Dance"

"To Provide for Creation"

JUSTICE, PEACE, POVERTY